Everyone has a basic understanding that sleep impacts your health..but what are the actual benefits and purposes of sleep concerning health?
This is a fun one, try doing 10 a minute to work in some rest time. Post your times!
Two large sweet potatoes, cut and cook in a pan with salt, pepper, and whatever other spices you like. I used coconut oil which I recommend but you can use butter or olive oil as well. This yields enough fries for two to three people depending on how hungry you are! (If you want to boil them before hand, it is a good idea to make sure they cook all the way through).
Spices are a great way to add health and flavor to your favorite meals. Here’s a list of some common, healthy, and tasty spices you can add to your next meal and their health benefits.
- Curry: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/herbs-and-spices/health-benefits-of-curry-powder.html
- Tumeric: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/18/turmeric-health-benefits-curcumin_n_5978482.html
- Cumin: https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/seed-and-nut/health-benefits-of-cumin.html
- Paprika: http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-of-paprika-for-skin-hair-and-health/
- Thyme: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=77
- Basil: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=85
- Rosemary: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=75
- Oregano: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/02/01/oregano-health-benefits.aspx
- Cinnamon: http://cinnamonvogue.com/cinnamoncommonuses.html
- Parsley: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=100
- Sage: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=76
- Tarragon: http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-tarragon.html
If you’re in the cycle of fighting for every pound and not making much ground, here are some helpful tips to make weight loss a victorious battle!
1) Move daily- Workout or not, move around everyday. Most importantly, make it fun!
2) Have fun with a healthy diet- Eating healthy should be fun, the more fun it is, the more you will eat right. Try new recipes like banana pancakes with almond flour or sweet potato donuts!
3) Get some good bacteria!- The bacterial balance in your gut largely influences the ease with which you shred pounds. Having more good bacteria than bad is like having more people on one football team than another, get some extra teammates! A few sources of good bacteria include kombucha, kefir, unpasteurized sauerkraut, or any fermented veggie.
4) Get rid of the bad stuff- Cut out wheat, sugar, and processed foods as much as possible.
5) Try intermittent fasting- It’s not for everyone but restricting the hours of the day for food consumption can be extremely helpful to pinch off a few pounds.
At the end of the day it’s not about losing weight but about creating a healthy lifestyle that is kind to your body and fun. This can look different for each person but everyone has a ‘healthy spot’ where they are living in the fulness of their bodies’ potential and having a good time doing it!